Friday, January 22, 2010

I Am The Greatest Bike Riding Teacher!

Okay, maybe not the greatest but after MLK Day I think I'm pretty good. We had really nice weather on Monday and Carson has been on me to take the training wheels off his little bike since Christmas so he can learn to ride on his little bike and then ride his new bike. Well, I finally got around to it and I'm not even kidding, in less than 45 minutes the kid was riding around the cul-de-sac like he had been riding a bike for years! Needless to say I was one proud papa and I'm pretty sure that Daneen got a tear in her eye. Our "little" Carson is growing up!



I'm just glad there were no freak accidents when Carson learned to ride his bike, like there was for me. My older sisters tried teaching me how to ride a bike when I was around Seven. The only thing I learned from them was how painful a broken arm can be when it get's ran over by a ten speed....

Anyway, here are a couple more pics of the munchkins.

Carson & I went bowling on MLK Day too, just the two of us. It was pretty fun. You know your out of shape/getting old when you get sore after bowling...

Here's Daneen's latest masterpiece. That puzzle was a beast. Can you see the piece that our dog chewed up??? I'll give you a hint, it's in a balloon.

And of course, here's a random silly picture of Sydney. She is obsessed with the plastic storage bins. She puts all kinds of junk in it and then she climbs in it and just lays and sits there. Weird.

All you teeth freaks will appreciate that picture :)

Paul


3 comments:

andrea said...

Um...yea...still feel bad for breaking your arm. We really were trying to be helpful! :)

I couldn't watch the video, but I'll take your word for it that Carson's tearing it up on his bike. Woo hoo! Hopefully Whit will be following your example soon, buddy.

Sydney is so cute. We miss you guys!

Aunt Andi, RDH, says awesome job brushing each other's teeth!

Lora Jewett said...

How great is that! Looks like a nice big culdesac for all your kids to learn how to ride their bikes. I especially like the video. I have not seen that done on blogger, good job.
Lora

Anonymous said...

So glad to see a new blog! And so glad to see those two grandkids! I hope you are writing down all these firsts with the kids cause you well know, I didn't (boo!). The video wouldn't work for me either! Love, Gigi