Thursday, November 15, 2007

The Holidays and Things

Thanksgiving is almost here and Christmas shortly following. The hardest part is being so far away from family. But right now I'm enjoying myself. Cuca (Paul's Grandma) is here visiting this week. It feels like I haven't eaten so good since I don't know when. My favorite is potatoes and eggs with beans and home made tortillas.

Doesn't this look good

She even made some Oreo balls. MMMM, so good. And of course Carson is loving it. Her and
Carson will just sit and have a conversation. They talk about anything. Its so cute.

Tuckered out from having fun with Cuca

Its cold here. To cold for me. I would give anything just to go outside and have the Arizona sun warm me up. Since its just me and Grandma at home I decided to go check out some puzzles from the library. She talks, sings and tells stories while we do them. We finished a 500 piece and now we are working on a 1000 piece one.

The sky was really hard to do on this one.

Since the shopping season is coming up I have an issue that I would like to discuss. I am so sick of commercials. They portray these "most willing" people to help you out if you want to go eat or shop at a certain store. Well I'm here to tell you its bunk. Ya I would probably have a better time buying a car if the sales person actually looked like they wanted to help you out. And the disappointment I have is never ending. When I order food and it never looks like it does on tv. The worst is when you go to Taco Bell and the beans suck. And one of the worst is the people at the oil Change place. And I love Walmart just as much as the next person but seriously the check out lines are always long and not everyone looks like the like their job. If you don't like your job then quit. I love the one-stop shopping but I can't go to Walmart without being there for at least an hour. They really suck you in.

4 comments:

andrea said...

Daneen--you're making me hungry. I wish I was eating that plate of food right now!

Very impressive puzzle. I bought a puzzle about a year ago and had visions of Andrew and I sitting around on lazy evenings and working on a it while discussing philosophical questions....didn't happen. I picked a terrible one where all of the pieces looked the same--probably like the sky in yours. We gave up. Maybe Grandma and I will have to give it another try.

I think Home Depot and Lowe's are the most convincing commercials about having workers who want to go out of their way to help you. Then I go to those stores and have a hard time even FINDING worker to help me. I hear ya, girl. It can be frustrating. But, hey, would you want to work at Wal-Mart? CAn you blame them?

andrea said...

PS Is it colder than Flagstaff there?

Stew and Traci said...

ok guys...its Traci Smith (Hancock) I was looking at my sister-in-laws blog and happened to go to a friend of hers...Reed & Shavan??? and found you! How is it over there and how are you all doing. It was so great to see you Daneen. I hope we will be able to keep in touch this way. P.s. you little man is so cute!

Gates & Tausha said...

hahaha...that's the Daneen I love...feelings about the Walmart workers...ahaha...it's true. :) Me and my mom just got dons (donuts) tonight at Walmart for fam night...he said our dozen donuts were $7..when the ones on the shelf were $2.89...the guy just kept looking at us like WELL...what? anyway...we gave up and gave in...they were tasty! (also fun w/ the puzzle...gates and i did one and then framed it...that one you showed in the pic looks like an AWESOME pic to do that to!) Happy Thanksgiving...we'll miss you guys out here. Happy CUCA time! :)