Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Happy Trails!

Well, we are almost settled into our new place.....finally. The last few days have been a challenge but Daneen has been up to that challenge. The movers packed us up on Thursday and unloaded us at our new apartment on Friday. Can I just say that if you have a garage DON'T TAKE IT FOR GRANTED!!!!! We were not prepared to be garage'less at our new place. We, and by we I mean Daneen, felt a bit overwhelmed with all of our junk/crap/whatever. She has been the one doing most of the unpacking, and doing an great job by the way. But we are making due and the apartment is starting to really feel like home. It's nothing great and it's not as nice as our last place (especially with no garage) but we keep telling ourselves that it is only temporary. After I am done with my training period at work we will look for a permanent spot, or figure out what we are going to do with ourselves in a year or so. Daneen or I will share some pics of the new apartment later, when we get around to taking some I guess.

Here's a little slide show of our last little home

What We Will Miss in Blairsville



On a side note, here is what Carson and I did on one of our last days in Blairsville:

Breaking in a Christmas Present!

Some Off Road Action!!!

Green Goblin not wearing his seat belt





Funny Little Clip

Well, I guess that is about enough for one post. Hopefully we will get back into a routine with the blog now that we are almost all settled in. Hope you all are doing great.

-paul

6 comments:

Gates & Tausha said...

hahaha...that last movie clip was the BEST...next scene in a napoleon type movie...the green goblin getting slashed by paul and son...aka the remote car...ahhahha...that was SO funny...paul you're an awesome dad. :) carson's looking older in those pictures! and the views from your old place are BEAUTIFUL! i love the dog that chased your car everyday...the BEAST!!! daneed thx for the book suggestions..i'll have to try 'em out...and i'm with you...hard to know where to put stuff w/ no garage! can you rent one in the complex? enjoy your new area!!! best blessings!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you are almost settled in. I know how garages can spoil you as far as storing "junk" oh I really mean treasures! :) I hope you guys will be really happy there and that things go your way. Love ya, Gigi

andrea said...

We'll miss Blairsville, too! But are excited to visit you in a place that actually has shopping, theaters, etc. :)

If you guys want to store anything in our shed or garage, just let us know. There is plenty of unused storage space there (because we were used to being garage-less for so long!)

Stew and Traci said...

I hope you are liking your new place, my hubby got on and looked at your blog and is actually really jelous of it. He said it reminds him of North Carolina (thats where he served his mish) Anyhow, I just wanted to also tell Paul that I actually laughed at his "funny clip" mostly because he was giggling in the background. haha! P.s. I keep seeing your mom and dad all over the place...they really get around! ;)

Gates & Tausha said...

so daneen...we watched home videos for family night tonight...ahahha...FUNNY...you should have been there...becase you were IN THEM!! winslow trampoline fun...and we loved how nick copied everything you did...hahaha SO funny.

Ironygirl said...

Hey Gerbers!

This is your long lost friends, Mike and Jenny Witt, still in Flagstaff. We promise we will move soon, especially with the cost of living going through the roof.

I found your blog somehow, and it is so funny! We have one, too. I can invite you if you'd like.

I'll check back later. It's great to hear how you're doing.

Jenny