Friday, January 25, 2008

The Joy's of Moving

Okay, so for those who don't know, we are moving next week. Since we are only planning on being at our new stop for a year we went ahead and just rented an apartment, Goodie....... I just wanted to share a couple pro's and con's of moving:

pro's -
1. My work is footing the bill to have professional movers move us!
2. We are going to be in a bigger city with more shopping choices and just more stuff to do, period (and don't forget about the Super Wal-Mart and Target!)
3. We will be in a ward again (nothing against our current branch, just hoping the new ward will have more kids Carson's age)
4. The rent is a lot less at the new place
5. The apartment is right on the lake with a swimming pool and boat dock (hoping that the lake fills back up soon, dang drought....hehe)

con's -
1. Pulling Carson out of his pre-school. One of his teacher's continues to tell us she is mad that we are moving and that she is going to miss the little guy. I don't think he quite comprehends that after next week Miss Brenda and Miss Holly aren't going to be his teachers.
2. Having to deal with land lords and checking out of the current apartment, having to deal with checking into a new apartment, and trying to connect/disconnect utilities. The disconnecting wasn't bad. It was trying to set up the phone, cable, and internet. I have spent a total of probably THREE HOURS on the phone trying to get this stuff set up. The first person I spoke with said I needed to get something with my new address verified and gave me a different number. They didn't have a clue what I was talking about. So I was transferred over and over again until I was about to go insane. I hung up the phone, took a deep breath, and tried the first number again. The new person on the phone was able to set me up without any problem!!!!! What the heck is that about???? Anyway, just a little venting I guess.
3. Leaving our little branch. I know, I'm contradicting myself a bit from my pro's list, but we have made some good friends up here and we were really feeling at home. Most of the older ladies just love Carson.
4. Leaving our neighbors. Right now we have a widower living next door to us and another widower living below us. We never hear them and have never had a problem. They just love Carson too. Now we may have to deal with rowdy neighbors or who knows what else. Just as long as it's nothing like the different neighbors we had at NAU (whole other story...) we should be alright.
5. Moving is just stressful, no matter who is doing the moving. I will be happy when next weekend comes and all the moving business has been taken care of and all we have to do is unpack (before and after the Superbowl....).

Anyone have a good moving story? Let's hear 'em.

-paul

3 comments:

andrea said...

You're right. Moving is ALWAYS a pain. But, hey, on the bright side, a cross-state move with a 4 year old has GOT to be easier than your cross-country move with a 3 yr old, right???

Seriously, if you guys need any help with Carson or with unpacking, PLEASE CALL!

Phoenix Girlfriends said...

good list...always a great way to organize thoughts on something new! where you guys going?!

Paul-N-Daneen said...

We are moving to Gainesville,GA