Monday, March 17, 2008

Funky Chicken

Gainesville Georgia is the Chicken Capital of the world or so it is posted all over. I have the delight of smelling something that i presume is chicken being processed when I drive Carson to School every morning. And no its not just one plant its Two. I get two good whiffs. A total of four for the whole trip. Eight during the day. I drive with my hand over my mouth while Carson is in the back saying "MMM smells like a Chicken Biscuit" And I have had the opportunity to drive next to or in close proximity of many foul smelling, probably disease infested, feces filled Chicken trucks. Warning: don't get too close to the truck you might get hit with chicken crap. Paul has actually witnessed a Chicken suicide. He was following one of these trucks and a Chicken

somehow managed to get loose. Well Mr. Chicken decided it would be better to die now then later. As he plunged for the ground, thinking I'd rather it be done this way, he landed and got ran over. Well I can't blame him. Today I was behind the chicken "transporter" and right there in one of the pens was a chicken dead on its back, feet sticking up in the air. And all of his buddies were nudging him hoping to revive him. So poor chicken My heart goes out to you and the family you never knew. After this experience and as a tribute to you, I'll eat more beef. I witnessed to much to turn back now.

12 comments:

Stephanie said...

That's too funny! I thought the purina plant in Flagstaff was bad...poor chickens!

Gates & Tausha said...

ahahha...SOOO funny...I had to read it out loud at my mom's...and jarom heard it too...we were laughing...poor little chickens...they really ARE brave...no chicken to me after those inspiring stories. :) you're so funny daneen...and you no likey boiled eggs?! :) ahahha

andrea said...

Ummm....maybe you guys need to come visit us up here again soon. Get some relief from the chicken fumes. :)

Nancy Booth said...

Too funny. I, too, feel sorry for those chickens when we pass that plant going to our daughter's house. I've never smelt the chicken fumes tho. I've heard chickens are really dumb so I hope they are. Before you go to beef, check out the beef plants, and the pork plants. I would be a vegetarian except I've seen what they do to vegetables at the vegetable plants.

Paul-N-Daneen said...

man daneen, you are too funny!!!! and sister booth, i'm dying laughing about the vegetable plant!!

Marianne said...

I love that Carson say "mmm...chicken sandwiches" when you pass the farms...it made me laugh out loud! As for eating more beef, I don't think the Chik-fil-a cows would appreciate that... they have been advertising for years for people to eat more chicken!!

Stew and Traci said...

Seriously can I laugh any harder when talking about a chicken. I dont know what it is but any good story about a chicken cracks me up.hahaha Im kidding. Really, if the smell is anything like the "cat-poop cookie" plant in Provo (named by my stewy) its got to be awful. They pick up road kill and turn it into something...oh gross. Anyhow you painted the picture perfectly. I could actually visualize the suicide and the chicken with its feet in the air. ahahaha. I laughed forever. I miss you! I always had a good laugh with you.

Corie Green said...

Ha Ha Ha that was hilarious! I love the chicken suicide story!! How have you been?

hoopes03 said...

That is so funny!!!! I'm so excited that you found my blog!! Your family looks so cute.

Gates & Tausha said...

hahaha...daneen...you're all serious about following the law when you drive...ahha...good laugh. :) but...GOOD JOB if that's really true. :) ahha...thanks for breakin the rage cycle in the comments..ahha..

Gates & Tausha said...

new post! neeed....new...post!

Nancy Booth said...

Uhhhh, Whassup with the Gerbers? Funky Chicken can't be all there is to Gainesville. Murphy had more than that. Can't think of what it was tho but there was more. We need new posts. That handsome little man will be grown before you put him on here again. He already is looking like Paul so let's see some more of him before he looks the spitting image of Paul. You're good looking Paul but when I see Carson, I have to say, "be still my heart" and I'm 64 yrs. old. Get to posting!!!!!!!