Tuesday, March 11, 2008

School Blues

A spot finally opened up at the preschool. SO Carson has been attending for about 4 weeks. I can tell that he likes it but is not enthused. This preschool doesn't even compare to the last one. His classroom is full and very diversified (and there is nothing wrong with that). His last preschool was nothing like that. They were needing students and he was getting a lot of attention and I had 30 min window of when I could drop him off and pick him up. Now I only have a fifteen minute window. You can't even come into the school before 7:45 but they lock down at 8. And after that you have to be buzzed in and explain yourself. It feels like a prison. School has definitely changed since I attended. There is always a line of parents and kids waiting to get in for drop off and pickup. And did I mention if you don't walk fast enough you get ran over. Anyway I only have to do it like two 1/2 more months.
And last I have the school blues because Carson is going to be attending school for 14 more years and hopefully 4 more after that for college. Its like he's starting a career. I only get to see him 3 months out of the year when he has nothing planned. I can't even believe it. I remember counting down the years I had left until I graduated high school. And that was in elementary. Once I got to junior high and they started mentioning college I stopped counting. Its seems to me there could be a more efficient way to get all the schooling in faster. But I don't have any brilliant ideas but if you do please share.

4 comments:

andrea said...

Well, there are a couple of options. First, you could work on his school work with him for hours after school so he can skip a grade or two and be the next Doogie Houser.

OR you could home school.

Either of those sound like good options? There are times that home school has really sounded appealing to me, but I don't have the guts to do it. So, we'll stick with the 13+ year plan.

We miss you guys!

Phoenix Girlfriends said...

just have him drop out now before it starts...ahhaha...jk...daneen you are SO funny describing the school...having to walk fast or get ran over...MAN...it DOES sound strict!! man! and carson starting his "career" for 9 months of the year...ahahha...you crack me up...but that WOULD be hard...your little baby...that's why when you have ANOTHER it might distract. :) sorry, i probably dont' need to remind you. :) but really...it will all seem normal and fun once the groove comes into play!!!

summer k said...

Daneen- Hey good to see you again!Your little boy is so cute! Yes beth does have a blog, it's http://hoopes03.blogspot.com/

Nancy Booth said...

I have an idea, Daneen, (did I get your name right?) Slit you wrist now and get it over with. That's what I'd do if I had to do it over again. That and potty training. But we're talking about Carson, aren't we? I guess that's different than my Joel. Oh well, I have no idea what you should do. I know we miss you all tho. This area wasn't so bad, huh? I keep wanting to take candy and cars to church. I really miss Carson.