Sunday, January 6, 2008

What We Have Been Up To

Well, we brought in the new year with style. Daneen and I stayed up late playing guitar hero!!!!! Now that I convinced Daneen we needed another guitar, we have been wasting a lot of quality time together (after Carson goes to bed of course)!

Carson is finally getting better. We took him to the doctor a few days before New Year's and he ended up having an ear infection. We got some antibiotics for him, the yummy pink stuff that he actually likes, and he is pretty much running on all cylinders now.

He was suppose to go back to school on the 2nd but when I was getting into bed on New Year's Night I looked outside and we had like half an inch to an inch of snow on the ground! And for anyone who is not familiar with the south, if there is so much as a trace of snow, school is canceled and good luck trying to buy any bread or milk at the grocery store! I dragged myself to work that day while Carson got to stay home with mom for one more day......so we thought. They ended up canceling school on the 3rd and the 4th too. Kind of weird if you ask me. Carson doesn't even really like the snow. He and Daneen went outside for like 5 minutes the first day school was canceled and he said "I wanna go back inside now. My cheeks are cold". It actually did get pretty cold here for a couple of days. We got down to single digits a couple nights in a row. I told my mom how cold it was here on New Year's and she just said "wow. It's been cold here to at night. I think it got down to -20 a couple times". Thanks for the simpathy mom. :)



Carson has been real excited about building stuff with the legos he got for Christmas. Last Sunday after church we got to sit down and start building. Here are a couple of his first builds. I admit, I probably had more fun playing with the legos than he did. What can I say, Daneen is right she says she has two kids to deal with.....



And finally, here is something else that Daneen and I have been doing in our spare time:




As you can tell, we don't get out much. Since Grandma Cuca was here with us we have been addicted to putting puzzles together. Weird right? We enjoy it, and I think it is very relaxing myself (except for when you check a puzzle out from the library and it is missing pieces!!!!!). Not too sure if this is going to become a full blown hobby or just a faze we are going through. Hope it's not a sign of old age.....

-paul

8 comments:

Gates & Tausha said...

hAP-pee new yeer!! :) so, snow huh? whats that? :) jk...lucky you have the OPPORTUNIY to play in it though...even though carson's not a fan. :) loved the lego and puzzle masterpieces though! gates and i have done a few puzzles in our day...we actually sealed one and framed it...i dare ya! :)

Marianne said...

Good to read your blog and see 'what's going on with the Gerbers!' Carson is a cutie! Puzzles can be fun and I don't think it's old age---you are just being more creative than most of America by not watching TV in all spare time! :)

Paul-N-Daneen said...

So Marianne, is it bad that we watch TV while we do the puzzles???? hehe

-paul

Marianne said...

not at all!! :)

andrea said...

I'm SO with Carson on the anti-snow thing. A few minutes of freezing cold is about all I can handle.

You guys rock the Legos! Brandon was very jealous that Carson got a brick box or whatever you call that thing.

And after seeing the puzzles up close and in person, I'm SO impressed that you can finish them. Those tree pieces that were leftover all looked exactly the same. You must both be developing a lot of patience...I think that's an old-person trait. :)

Anonymous said...

You're certainly right that you're not going to get any sympathy from us about the cold. This has been one 'ice box' of a Winter. I am quite certain that you can count on 1 hand the number of days since November that the temperature has been above freezing.

But, it was my idea to move here, so I can't complain too much. It does make walking the dog a challenge.

The old timers say that this is typically the way the Winters were around here many years ago. It just seems crazy that we are always about 20-30 degrees colder than Salt Lake.

But the days are getting longer!!!

Gates & Tausha said...

so are you saying the "tree is like a bush only bigger" has some hidden inappropriate message?! :) or that you said some other things ALONG with that deep thought? EE!

Ironygirl said...

Puzzles are addicting! We really like them, too, and we're young and hip, so no worries.