Friday, May 16, 2008

But I don't want to be 27!

Imagine me saying this like Jerry Seinfeld during the puffy shirt episode when Kramer tells him that he's gonna be a pirate. Jerry in a whining voice: "But I don't want to be a pirate." Well folks the inevitable keeps coming. One more year closer to 30. When I was 18 I couldn't even imagine myself being 30. Yes I know most of you are saying that 30 is young. And I'll probably feel that way when I'm 40 or 50. But for now I'm just a little depressed and here is why. I was at the dentist office about a month ago and the hygienist says "ya you look pretty young like your my age" (pray tell i ask myself what is her age) "like your 31" WHAT? There you have it. I look about 4 years older than I really am. So happy 32nd birthday next year. I'll let you know how my birthday went when I download my other pics.

Daneen Gerber May 14 2008 just turned 27 a.k.a 31

8 comments:

Lani said...

Hope you had a great day! I was thinkin' about you. Are you guys going to make it to AZ this summer?

Corie Green said...

Oh that is terrible. Like when Ethan was 2 months old and the lady at the hospital asked me when I was due! Careful though I am turning 30 this year, it better not be that bad!! LOL

Stephanie said...

So which would be better? I get asked if i'm 16 all the time!

Nancy Booth said...

hahahahaUmmmmm. How discouraged you must be. You do look a little older in that picture. Just kidding. Heck, when I was 54, one of the cashiers at Walmart wanted to know when my baby was due. I said that was a compliment. Maybe I looked younger? Or would be put in the Genis Book of World Records. Whatever. Happy B'day. You're just a baby.

andrea said...

I think the thing to remember here, Daneen, is that 27 and 31 aren't that far apart. (Sorry, that means you're almost MY age!) But it's true. And if you're somewhere in the plus/minus five year range when you guess someone's age, that's not that far off, right?

Maybe she guessed on the high side because you handle yourself so MATURELY during your dental appointments. :)

Gates & Tausha said...

you're a hot little 27 year old...my older aunt. :) muah ha...jk. you're my aunt "that's like my age." lets not talk about 30 anymore. i have your birthday present waiting...act surprised. :) hahah..seriously it's here! happy 27th..

Paul-N-Daneen said...

I don't like the whole guessing within 5 year thing. I would hate if I was 35 and they asked if I was 40.

Stew and Traci said...

Ok Daneen, I feel your pain!!! Only im the nerd that says you look about my age and they are ohhh I dunno 22...seriously. I think oh she looks like she would be fun to get to know and hang out with. Then we start talking and I realize I have 7 more years of marriage on her and 5 more years of age. I was fine when Stew turned 30 but me...oh no! I am in total denial. My 30+ year old friends are great and still vivacious but me I know I am the one that will start to look like a wrinkle bag with 12 year old acne...hahaha. Seriously are we really almost there. You look so great and honestly you still look as fresh as you did in high school! But again, I have age depth perception issues.