Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Postpartum & all that entails

Well I have to say postpartum is pretty bad. (If you haven't had children yet you might not want to read this). Sorry, this is a complaint post. First of all the stitches. They are feeling better but for a while I thought "the next time I have to go to the bathroom it just might paralyze me." In a meantime I can't figure out why all these people tell me that "breastfeeding isn't suppose to hurt" yet they also say "it takes a couple of weeks to get used to." It seems obvious that it can be hard on some to breastfeed otherwise why do they have all these support groups and leagues. It seems like its two steps forward and one back with it. I'm almost two weeks in and I'm starting to think that I'd rather pump every two hours day and night but I'm trying to stick it out. On another note on top breastfeeding, I have to give myself shots in the stomach twice a day and it burns and leaves bruises. I'm running out of places to give it. And of course the postpartum blues. Also good days and bad. I know its normal but I'm on the verge of going to the doctor to get on some happy pills. Despite it all it is worth it.

7 comments:

Gates & Tausha said...

why do you have to stick yourself? how HARD would that be?! (and yah daneen...whoever is saying its not supposed to hurt is LYING...yah cause I know...ahha...jk...but seirously EVERY PERSON ive EVER talked to has the hardest time---so dont feel bad)...soon the stiches will feel better. :) and hope you feel better all around too! mommy pride!

Steph and KO said...

Hey there! I just found this blog from Heidi's site. We were in G'ville with you guys and just moved at the end of May. You may not remeber us, but we have a Carson also. Anyway, congrats on the baby. She's a cutie and I love to see big brother with her. The breastfeeding was the hardest thing I've had to do. I hope it gets better for you. I quit with the first one after 6 months. It was much easier the next go round. You look amazing and I hope you're enjoying that little girl...they are sooo different! Stephanie

Lani said...

Gra, hang in there. I swear...the breastfeeding will get better, and it is so worth it to stick it out. You look awesome! Please call me when you're feeling down, I have this whole bit about feeling "fat." (Remember the movies with Travis and Jeff?) Anyhow, hope I made you laugh. By the way, what's that sticking out of your shirt? HA Ha Ha!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
andrea said...

Hang in there, Daneen! For me, 10-14 days along is maybe the hardest part of breast feeding and then it gets better. Give it at least another week or two before you give up.

It sounds like you need some "Daneen Time." Maybe a pedicure while my parents are there? Or a trip to the temple with Paul?

HNM PHOTOGRAPHY said...

Ok.....I will say this....do what fits you and makes you and the baby happy and what makes your life simple. You know I am not the breast feeding type-tried on both, but it never got easy for me-actually got harder on the 2nd baby...I know things will get easier, but with 2 kids anything can stress anyone out easily...atleast for me! If you need anything let me know! I cant wait to really see her!

Barker said...

I'm gonna kill myself. :S