Monday, July 23, 2007

THE BROWN FAMILY REUNION

Howdy! So Carson and I were lucky enough to be out west the same time my mom's family reunion was. We weren't gonna go but my lovely sister Diane convinced me that it would be a shame if I missed it. Overall I think she was right.

Funny Story: One afternoon around lunch time the "Ranch" (location of the reunion) decided to serve PB&J, Tomato and Tuna Fish Sandwiches. Now for most people this would be an acceptable lunch. My poor niece came up to me with her tomato sandwich, with french fries on the side, and said "I hate tomatoes but I think I'm hungry enough I might eat this." I, being the loving aunt that I am, told her to put it in the trash and her, Carson and I headed for the nearest restaurant. Now this town had two places to eat so we didn't have a lot of choices. But we found a nice burger joint up the road. It was a big restaurant. It could seat maybe 20 people. Well, we made ourselves comfortable and ordered our food. No more than 5 min. later we watch my sister Diane and her husband Scott and Little Claire (2yr), pull up to the same place we were eating at. And 1 min after that my other sister pulls up with her husband and MY PARENTS, whose car I had taken with out asking. When they pull up my father said "Hey, that looks like my car." Surprise! Everyone from my family had the same idea. Let me note that before everyone pulled up I had just got done telling my niece, Lauren, that Diane would be freakin out about the Mercury in the Tuna and my other sister Donna about the bread being white. Right when everyone sat down,
Diane says "I can't believed you left without telling us at least I went to look for you"
Me: "We weren't impressed with the food selection and obviously all of you weren't either" Diane : "The tuna probably has mercury in it"
Meanwhile Donna is in the corner ordering and says: "Do yo have whole wheat buns cause if you don't I've brought my own is that O.K.?
To say the least I know my sisters. And... Who ever said we were picky eaters is Crazy!


Carson and his "Best Friend/Girlfriend" Lauren(my Niece)
He actually told me I couldn't be his best friend cuz Lauren is.

The Rodeo We had a family rodeo during the reunion and it was fun. Although I volunteered for a position on my team that i never would have if i had known what it was. I was the laddle holder on horseback. Trying to bring back as much water as I could to fill my team's can. Can you say saddle sore.

Lauren pulling me on the horse.


My Nephew Bryce pulling my on the horse.


Bryce pulling me on the horse again.

It was a lovely experience. Don't worry more to come from the our adventures. (You've just been webbed!) :)


1 comments:

andrea said...

So, are you feeling better then?

Sounds like your family reunion was fun. Maybe at our next Gerber reunion (first?) we should ride horses. That could be quite a sight.