Sunday, August 12, 2007

Carson's First Day of School....

Friday was a sad day for Daneen (and for me to, but not as much). Her little "baby" started school. We signed Carson up for preschool and his first day of class was on Friday (which by the way blows my mind. why start on a friday???? all of the kids started on friday in this county. weird!!). He has been so excited about going to school. I guess when both of your parents have been in school your entire life it grows on you....

We went to drop him off and I decided it would be better if just one of us took him to his class. So Daneen did. I guess I am a worry wart because when she didn't come right back I thought for sure Carson had changed his mind about things and wanted to come home. But a few minutes later Daneen came out a little teary eyed and said he was doing great. One of the ladies I work with told me to be nice to my wife that first day of school because it is hard for mama's to let their babies go. Sure enough, Daneen did not disappoint......just a good sign of a great mom. :) I asked her how it went and she said he was okay. But she did say some other kids were having trouble. Like one kid hanging on to the door frame for dear life, not wanting to go in.

Throughout the whole day I was expecting to hear from Daneen that Carson had to come home because he missed her or didn't like school. But the little guy proved me wrong!! He made it through the first day and it sounds like he had a blast! Hopefully he keeps that attitude this coming week!!

-Paul

Mom & Dad at the finish line

Carson at the starting gate

Off he goes.....

sorry, got a little picture happy

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

How adorable is my nephew!?! It almost brings a tear to MY eye that he's already in preschool :( Hope he likes it! Love ya guys

Gates & Tausha said...

WHOA! What a stud...go Carson...with the fo-hawk (or however you spell it)! It's ok Daneen...I'll sypathize with you when I have a kid go to school...you're awesome. ;) Happy school!

andrea said...

What a BIG boy! I'm proud of him for having a good day. Keep us posted on how the rest of the week goes. How many kids in his class?

Anonymous said...

A great milestone in your lives! I hope he always loves school!

Paul-N-Daneen said...

Andi, Daneen said she thinks the max is 20 kids.

GiGi, you never told me what your bad blogging experience was.....I wanna know!

-paul

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures! I'm glad he seemed to enjoy his first day.

I asked gigi what her bad blog experience was. I guess when Andi first had her blog, gigi typed a big comment and then it made her register, get a password, or whatever and she thought it was too much of a hassle.

Anonymous said...

Back to the bad experience, Dad is mostly right but after all that, the comment was never registered.

Paul-N-Daneen said...

gigi, that is too funny!!! sorry for the bad experience. guess it is easier to just leave a comment "anonymously". :)