Monday, August 27, 2007

Fun Weekend

I decided I better hurry up and talk about the fun weekend we had with the Sweats before Andrea did! (HaHa, beat you to it!!) They came over on Saturday around noon. We had a quick lunch with them and then we went to explore the Alpine Village of Helen, GA (at least that is what they consider themselves, an alpine village). We parked and walked around the interesting little town. It is pretty much your run of the mill tourist trap. Just about every store was selling silk screen t-shirts with some sort of redneck, confederate, hunting, fishing, etc.... reference.

Carson was so excited for his cousins to come and play with him. He really enjoyed it and I think the three of them play pretty good together. It was fun to watch Brandon and Carson playing Star Wars together and of course, miss Whitney has her uncle wrapped around her little finger. We grown ups, and I use that term very lightly, had a fun time playing tetris on the Nintendo after the kids went to bed. We also had a real good laugh playing Battle of the Sexes!! You will have to ask Andrew what it means when a baby is in the vertex position......

This morning Carson had a real tough time getting ready for school. He did not want his cousins to leave. He was going to be "so sad if they leave". The poor kid needs some friends close by or a sibling I guess. We were glad to have the Sweats come and visit. We had a really fun time. Here are a few random pics from the weekend. Hopefully I don't steal Andrea's thunder. :)

-paul


Christmas in August!! (Christmas shop in Helen)


Chillin at the park


All Dressed Up

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the cutest little grandkids! I'm so glad they enjoy each other so much. Glad you had a fun weekend!

andrea said...

As soon as I started uploading my pictures this morning, I thought...."I bet Paul and Daneen are going to post before me because they don't have a five hour drive and the first day of school in front of them." I was right!

Thanks, again, for letting us come stay with you. We loved it and will have to do it again soon. Are you guys busy on Veteran's Day???

Gates & Tausha said...

I almost posted about that too! Geez...jk...I loved the weekend update blog...cute kids and fun!...and Daneen...we were waiting for you to show up at our girls night the whole night. :)